The Reincarnated Assassin is a Genius Swordsman 1338

 Chapter 1338

 

“Huh...?”

Raon blinked as he looked at Aris.

“What is this thing you think I'd like?”

He thought it over for a moment, but he couldn't imagine what could have happened at sea that Aris believed would interest him.

“You've had one goal that's mattered more than anything else until now.”

Aris raised a finger and traced a circle in the air.

“Bringing another powerful faction into the Five Kings so we can achieve a complete victory in the war against Eden. I found some new friends who might be willing to fight alongside us.”

She smacked her lips, saying she had found a new faction capable of standing against Eden.

“Ah, so that's why you went out to sea this time?”

Raon narrowed his eyes as he looked at Aris's excited expression.

“But were there really still factions like that left?”

As far as I know, every notable port city and coastal kingdom has already declared its allegiance to the Five Kings. What kind of faction could possibly be strong enough to catch my interest?

“You're right.”

Aris nodded calmly.

“To be honest, I didn't go out to sea this time to search for a new faction. I went to get confirmation from the ones we already knew.”

She rubbed her hands together, explaining that with the war just around the corner, she'd gone to confirm where the port cities and coastal kingdoms stood.

“Of course, nothing major had changed. The port cities and kingdoms associated with either you or me all reaffirmed that they'd stand on our side in the war.”

Aris nodded, saying there had been no changes among the forces aligned with the Five Kings.

“But after I finished everything and was heading back to Zieghart, I heard a rather interesting rumor.”

She licked her lips thoroughly as if it were very intriguing.

“An interesting rumor?”

Raon tilted his head slightly as he listened.

“Yeah. There's an old legend in the western sea about mysterious people who ride the waves.”

Aris raised a finger, saying it was an incredibly famous story.

“When I first started sailing the seas, I searched everywhere for that legend, but I never found anything, so I figured it was just a myth....”

She raised her voice, signaling that the real part was about to begin.

“But this time, I actually met them.”

Aris clenched her fist tightly, saying she had truly met the people who had existed only in legend.

“It was a stormy night. At first, I thought I saw something like dolphins floating on the sea, so I didn't pay much attention. Then I suddenly realized something was wrong. Smart dolphins never come up to the surface during a storm.”

She bit her lip, saying there was no way they could have been dolphins.

“When I focused my eyesight, I saw them. Riding those raging waves weren't monsters or fish, they were humans.”

Aris let out a breath of disbelief.

“Riding waves in the middle of a storm is certainly impressive...”

Raon lowered one eyebrow.

“But that's not exactly unusual for warriors, is it?”

Once someone reached Master, riding the waves while standing atop the sea was hardly difficult. He couldn't understand why a Transcender like Aris was so astonished.

That woman loses her mind the moment she sets foot near the sea.

Wrath waved his hand as if telling Raon not to pay too much attention to Aris's story.

She's perfectly normal most of the time, but whenever she's around the ocean, her brain twists itself backwards just like yours.

He clicked his tongue, saying he would never understand why Aris became so obsessed with the sea.

“That's true. You don't even need to be a Master. Even Experts can ride the waves once they're familiar with the sea.”

Aris nodded, saying that riding waves itself wasn't difficult.

“As you know, those bastards from the South-North Union weren't that strong, yet they displayed overwhelming power whenever they fought on rivers or at sea.”

She shrugged, saying she was well aware of that herself.

“But those people were different.”

Aris let out a slow breath as her gaze lowered slightly.

“They weren't just riding the waves, they controlled the sea as though it were an extension of their own bodies. Even a storm powerful enough to overwhelm the open ocean looked like nothing more than a gentle breeze before them.”

She frowned, saying the sheer shock of it was something that could only be understood by witnessing it firsthand.

“And they're strong. Unlike those trash from the South-North Union, who only become stronger in naval battles, their fundamental might is exceptional. I suppose you could call them natural-born warriors.”

Aris smacked her lips, saying their naturally powerful physiques and innate talent gave off the unmistakable scent of true warriors.

“I chased after them and talked with them for a while. Their personalities were exactly what you'd expect from warriors, and there were plenty of outstanding masters among them.”

She tapped the sword at her waist, stating that it would be a huge help if they participated in the war.

“Warriors, huh....”

Just from Aris's description, Raon could clearly picture what kind of people this wave-riding tribe was. To be honest, he even thought he knew exactly how to win them over.

“I'm going to report this to father, then head to their island. What do you think?”

Aris looked at him and licked her lips.

“Want to come with me?”

She beckoned with her hand, saying his presence would greatly help in persuading them.

“What's the name of this tribe?”

Rather than answering immediately, Raon asked for the tribe's name first.

“What was it again? It meant... people who row... Ah!”

Aris clapped her hands as if she had finally remembered.

"Vikings."

*   *   *

"...So that's how it is. I am planning to visit the tribe called the Vikings together with Raon."

After explaining everything that had happened, Aris gave a slight nod toward Glenn, who stood upon the platform.

“The Vikings....”

Seated upon his throne, Glenn stroked his chin.

“I've certainly heard that name before. They were said to be beings akin to spirits of the sea.”

True to his title as the lord of the north, he knew about the Vikings, whose very existence was unknown to most.

“Though I never imagined they truly existed.”

Glenn lowered his eyebrows.

“That's understandable. Their island lies deep in the western sea, and they rarely appear in the waters near the continent.”

Aris nodded as if it were only natural.

“The ones I met this time said they'd only come out to train the younger children.”

She let out a hollow laugh, saying she had been astonished to see children no older than trainees controlling the sea as though it were their own.

“They certainly sound fascinating.”

A faint smile appeared on Glenn's face as Aris's description allowed him to picture what the Vikings were like.

“Very well. You may go.”

He nodded, telling them to return with the Vikings' support.

“I knew you'd give us permission!”

Aris nodded vigorously, thanking him.

“However...”

Just as Glenn parted his lips to say something more—

“You're going to tell us to come back quickly since the war with Eden is just around the corner, right?”

Aris cut him off with a grin, as though she already knew what he was going to say.

“Don't worry. We'll push the Azure Wind to its limits and return as quickly as possible!”

She waved her hand, saying she wouldn't take up much of Raon's time.

“He'll still have plenty of time left for his personal training—”

“That isn't it.”

This time, Glenn interrupted Aris instead, his eyes filled with gentle warmth.

“Having time for personal training is important, but if you've traveled somewhere new, it's just as important to fully experience that place. Even without the two of you, we will never lose this war, so don't worry. Take the time to experience their way of life.”

He slowly closed and reopened his eyes, as if telling them not to return immediately after persuading the Vikings, but to stay with them a little longer.

“Both Raon and you. You've already reached every height that training alone can offer. At a time like this, broader experiences will benefit you far more.”

A gentle smile formed on Glenn's lips as he said that exposing themselves to new cultures and unfamiliar surroundings would help them grow into even greater people and warriors.

“I'll keep that in mind.”

Understanding the true meaning behind Glenn's words, Raon bowed his head deeply.

Hoh!

Wrath let out a long exclamation.

That Nadine bread geezer actually said something worthwhile! He's absolutely right! If all you ever do is hole yourself up in a room swinging a sword, you'll never become more than a swordsman confined to a room that size! You need to get out into the world!

He shifted his eyes slightly, urging Raon to travel to many different places, just as Glenn had said.

Devildom would be especially perfect! There are hardly any humans there, so everything would be new to you!

Even at a moment like this, Wrath rubbed his hands together as he resumed advertising devildom.

“But have you already thought of a way to persuade them?”

Glenn narrowed his eyes, clearly curious about that part.

“Since she said they have the spirit of warriors, I intend to approach them in a warrior's way.”

Raon nodded, saying he already had a rough plan in mind.

Warrior's way, my ass.

Wrath let out a scoff.

You're planning to face them head-on and prove your strength, aren't you?

He waved his hand, saying Raon's intentions were painfully obvious.

“I see.”

Glenn narrowed his eyes as he studied Raon.

“It seems you're truly intending to carry on what I told you.”

A gentle smile crossed his face.

“Yes. I don't know if I'll succeed, but I'll do everything I can.”

Raon lowered his head deeply, saying he would walk the path toward becoming a true Sword God, just as Glenn had asked of him.

“Good. Then I'll place my trust in you as well.”

Glenn nodded, as if that was all he needed to hear.

“Wow....”

Aris stared at Glenn with her mouth hanging open.

“You've changed so much, father. It wasn't just your appearance that got older!”

She let out a breath of amazement, saying she never expected Glenn to say something like that.

“They say people change drastically when they're about to die, so could it be...”

“Aunt....”

Raon let out a sigh as he grabbed Aris by the shoulder.

“Ah, I'm joking. Just joking!”

Aris scratched the back of her head with a sheepish grin.

“What? Shall I treat you the way I used to?”

Glenn rested his hand on Heavenly Tremor, as if he was perfectly willing to do exactly that.

“N-No, thank you! We'll be going now!”

Shaking her head frantically, Aris quickly bowed before dragging Raon out of the audience chamber.

“We'll be on our way.”

With Aris gripping him by the scruff of the neck, Raon somehow still managed to bow to Glenn before leaving the audience chamber.

“Warriors who live in the western sea...”

Glenn turned his back after gazing around the audience chamber, which had gone from lively to silent in an instant. Looking up at the darkening sky, he stroked his stubbled chin.

“Then could they perhaps...”

*   *   *

“You've all worked hard.”

Raon stepped onto the platform and looked down at everyone.

“Even without seeing it myself, I can tell just how much blood and sweat you've shed in this training ground.”

He gave a firm nod, saying he could clearly sense both the training the Light Wind Palace swordsmen had undergone and the progress they had achieved.

"Not at all!"

“We couldn't have done it without your help and the executives’s, palace master!”

“Thank you very much!”

Instead, the swordsmen bowed their heads, thanking Raon, Burren, Martha, and Runaan for putting them through such rigorous training.

“Umm...”

“W-Why is he suddenly saying something like that...?”

“This is kind of scary.”

A few of the swordsmen, however, swallowed nervously, seemingly unsettled by Raon's unexpected praise.

“The war isn't far off now.”

Raon looked up at the dark sky covered with heavy clouds.

“Normally, the right thing to do before a war would be to keep training without pause. But you've pushed both your bodies and minds to their limits through relentless training. I think resting would serve you better now.”

He slowly closed and reopened his eyes as he suggested rest instead of more training.

“Huh...?”

“R-Rest?”

“Are you serious?”

The swordsmen had been expecting another round of training, so hearing the word "rest" left them staring in disbelief.

“Yes. You've all worked hard, and I think it's time for both your bodies and minds to recover. So...”

Raon curled the corners of his lips into a smile and pointed west.

“The entire Light Wind Palace will be spending a vacation at the western sea.”

A broad smile spread across his face as he said he'd arranged not just a chance to rest, but a proper vacation.

“The... western sea?”

“Huh?”

“R-Really?”

“Woooooo!”

“As expected of our palace master!”

The swordsmen erupted into cheers, their faces lighting up with joy at the unexpected vacation.

“Uh....”

Only Dorian stood there without smiling, his chin trembling.

“What are you doing?! Start praising the palace master already! Long live Raon! Long live the Sword Immortal!”

Unable to contain himself, Krein grabbed Dorian's arm, raised it into the air, and enthusiastically cheered for Raon.

“We leave at dawn tomorrow, so finish your preparations and gather here.”

After telling them to look forward to it, Raon turned away.

Ha... Haa... Gaaahhh!

Watching the whole scene unfold, Wrath let out an explosive cry of utter disbelief.

Vacation my ass, you're going to an island to fight a bunch of barbarians!

His eyes quivered in disbelief, saying he'd never imagined Raon would dress up a mission like this.

D-Don't you ever come to devildom!

‘Huh? Why all of a sudden? After hearing you talk about it so much, I was actually starting to get a little interested...’

Just stay here! If you ever come...

Wrath ground his teeth, as though he didn't even want to imagine it.

Devildom will definitely be doomed!


Advance Chapters

Comments