The Reincarnated Assassin is a Genius Swordsman 1332
Chapter 1332
Raon slowly steadied his breathing with his eyes closed.
‘My body is in peak condition.’
My body has been asleep for an entire month, yet it feels as light as if I'd spent that whole time training it. Every muscle in my body is full of elasticity, and I'm still flexible enough to bend backward without feeling the slightest pain. It's remarkable.
‘Not to mention my mind.’
For an entire month, I sparred endlessly with Wrath inside my mental world. And in the end, I returned from a fight so drenched in killing intent it was chilling. My mind has never felt more alive than it does now.
'I don't know exactly how strong I've become, but right now...I might even be able to stand against grandfather.’
Just as Wrath and Glenn said, I still have no real sense of how strong I've become. Yet, strangely enough, I feel as though I could hold my own even against Glenn, the Destructive King of the North, the man known as the Sword God.
Hmph!
Wrath snorted after reading his thoughts.
Who do you think taught you! If you can't even do that, just drop dead!
He clicked his tongue, saying there was no point in living if Raon was simply going to be overwhelmed by Glenn.
'You're awfully harsh.'
Raon let out a quiet chuckle at Wrath's sarcasm.
'Still, I'll give it everything I've got.'
He nodded, resolving to fight with everything he had and see how long he could last, even if his opponent was Glenn.
“Understood. Since you say so...”
Raon drew Heavenly Drive and Wooden Ring Sword in reverse grips.
“I'll be going all out from the very beginning.”
He drove both reverse-gripped swords into the ground and pushed the Ten Thousand Flames Cultivation and Glacier to their absolute limits.
Sword Field Creation.
Divine and Demonic Harmony.
Even though a crimson sun already hung in the sky, an even more dazzling golden sun rose above it. And just as light is always accompanied by darkness, a silver moon ascended beside the golden sun.
Whooooooo!
The flames melting from the sun and the frost forming the moon descended, forging themselves into two swords in Raon's hands.
Woooooo!
Raising the Divine Sword blazing with fire and the Demonic Sword wreathed in frost, Raon leveled both at Glenn.
“Your Divine Sword and Demonic Sword…”
Glenn narrowed his eyes to slits as he looked at the twin swords.
“They seem to shine even more brilliantly than before.”
He nodded, remarking that the heat and cold radiating from Raon's swords had both grown stronger.
“I'm not entirely sure about that myself, so...”
Raon extended his left arm and resonated the Ring of Fire.
“I will find out for myself.”
Declaring the start of the spar, he stepped forward with the Supreme Harmony Steps and charged straight at Glenn.
Boom!
The instant his left foot kicked off the ground, Glenn's eyes were already right before him. The evolved Supreme Harmony Steps seemed to carry him to his target the very moment the thought crossed his mind, much like the Heart Sword.
Whoooosh!
Keeping pace with the speed of the Supreme Harmony Steps, Raon thrust the Divine Sword forward, cleaving through the heavy air. The flames blazing along the blade burned even brighter, spinning with the fierce intensity of ghost fire.
Ten Thousand Flames Cultivation.
Revolving Sky.
Though the Sky Revolving was one of the ultimate techniques of the Ten Thousand Flames Cultivation, he had long used it as naturally as a basic technique. Now, however, it unleashed a colossal inferno like the sun itself as it descended toward Glenn's neck.
Kyaaaaaang!
As though he had expected it all along, Glenn smoothly intercepted the descending Revolving Sky with Heavenly Tremor that had somehow already appeared in his hand.
Wooooong!
The instant Glenn committed to his defense, Raon thrust the Demonic Sword toward his shoulder.
Raon Zieghart Style Swordplay.
Second Form.
Heavenly Heavy Cannon.
A blue sphere blossomed above the Demonic Sword, generating a powerful force that dragged both Glenn's body and Heavenly Tremor toward it.
“Heavenly Heavy Cannon.”
Glenn instantly recognized the sword technique trying to pull him in and moved to thrust Heavenly Tremor into the blue sphere that formed the technique.
But just before his sword could reach it, the blue sphere pulled Glenn toward it once more before erupting in a blinding flash.
Kuwaaaaaang!
A terrifying shockwave erupted, powerful enough to shake the entirety of North Grave mountain. Revolving Sky and Heavenly Heavy Cannon, two sword arts that normally could never be combined, flowed together as naturally as if they had always been a single technique.
“How flashy right from the start.”
Despite the tremendous explosion, Glenn emerged from the smoke as though completely unharmed, casually brushing the dust from his shoulder. Gentle arcs of lightning flickered across the blade of Heavenly Tremor in his hand.
“I'm just getting started.”
Grinding his teeth, Raon closed the distance once more.
Chiaaaaaang!
As though he had no intention of holding back any longer, Glenn swung Heavenly Tremor toward Raon's neck. Even though he didn't appear to be using any special forms, he pressed forward with his sword in a trajectory that was incredibly difficult to either dodge or block.
'If I can't dodge it... and I can't block it...'
Then I break through it.
Recalling his spar with Wrath just before returning to reality, Raon thrust the Divine Sword forward.
Screeeech-claaang!
He deflected Glenn's slash with the Divine Sword before bringing the Demonic Sword crashing down.
Jjeeeong!
As though he had read Raon's intentions, Glenn spun Heavenly Tremor and intercepted the Demonic Sword before it could unleash its explosive force.
Kuuung!
Expecting the Demonic Sword to be blocked, Raon stepped even closer to Glenn and swung both the Divine Sword and the Demonic Sword simultaneously.
Fangs of Insanity.
Blizzard Sword Art.
The two sword techniques, both guided by pure instinct, descended upon Glenn as a crimson and blue tempest.
Jjeojeojeojeong!
The Divine Sword let out a savage cry like a beast burning away its own life to fight, while the Demonic Sword swept forward with the frigid chill of a north wind capable of freezing the sea, pressing relentlessly against Glenn.
Kabaaaaang!
Yet, true to his title as the Sword God, Glenn defended against the seamless fusion of the Fangs of Insanity and the Blizzard Sword Art with near perfection, the two sword techniques flowing together as smoothly as a constellation. Though a few sword marks were left on his clothes, his body remained without so much as a scratch.
Chiaaaaaaang!
Maintaining both sword techniques, Raon summoned the red and blue World Trees above the Divine Sword and Demonic Sword. As leaves fell from the towering trees that reached into the heavens, countless fragments of Flame Spirit rained down upon Glenn.
Rumbleeeee!
Even while defending against the Fangs of Insanity and the Blizzard Sword Art, Glenn effortlessly cut down every fragment of Flame Spirit that rained down in numbers too great to count.
'As incredible as ever.'
Watching Glenn stand as though a single sword in his hand could hold back the entire world, Raon curled his lips into a smile.
'But unlike before, I'm not just standing here in awe.'
The Glenn who had once seemed so impossibly high above him that he couldn't even glimpse his feet now felt unmistakably closer. More than that, however, his attention was wholly absorbed in wielding his own sword. He was simply enjoying this spar. His heart pounded as if it would burst from anticipation, eager to see how each of his sword techniques had changed and how they would unfold.
Kuwaaaaaang!
Still smiling, Raon unleashed the Crimson Slash and the Azure Sky's Grand Elegance. A crimson arrow streaked across the lofty blue sky and plunged toward Glenn's heart.
Kyaaaaaang!
Wrapping Heavenly Tremor in dense bolts of lightning, Glenn cleanly split Raon's descending strike in two.
Whoooosh!
Raon seized the instant Glenn swung the Heavenly Tremor and stepped in, bringing the Divine Sword down.
The trajectory of his blade was Darkan's sword technique, the very sword that had cleaved through Uriel's Flames of Judgment. A technique he had only ever witnessed with his own eyes now flowed as naturally as if he had practiced it his entire life.
“Hmm!”
Even Glenn's eyes widened in surprise when he recognized Darkan's sword technique. Yet despite his surprise, he fluidly swung Heavenly Tremor toward Raon's neck.
“Haa…”
Reading Glenn's movement, Raon deflected Heavenly Tremor and let out a heavy breath.
'Right now...'
It feels like I can do anything.
Whenever I swing my sword, the image I envision unfolds exactly as I imagine it. It feels as though every single cell in my body obeys my will. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that the Raon Zieghart of today is the strongest I've ever been.
“Excellent. Your sword is no longer one that merely imitates.”
Glenn nodded quietly as he looked at the slightly trembling Heavenly Tremor.
“Push yourself to your absolute limit.”
He beckoned to Raon with a finger, as though he were prepared to receive anything.
“You're going to regret saying that.”
Gripping the Divine Sword and Demonic Sword, which were shining ever more brilliantly, Raon charged straight at Glenn.
“This fight won't end until I've unleashed every sword technique I've mastered!”
* * *
“Hoo...”
Burren let out a sigh of relief as he entered the Central Martial Palace.
“Thank goodness he woke up before it was too late.”
He let out a quiet chuckle as he recalled the absent-minded look on Raon's face from earlier that day.
“And who is it that woke up before it was too late?”
A low voice came from the direction of the training ground.
“Huh…?”
Burren turned toward the training ground with wide eyes. A moment later, the door opened, and the man he had longed to see stepped out.
“Father!”
Karoon Zieghart.
His father, who had entered secluded training alongside Glenn and had not emerged until now, walked toward him with a faint smile.
“W-When did you come out?”
“Just now.”
Karoon gave a calm nod, saying he had only recently completed his secluded training.
“Hmm…”
Burren smacked his lips softly as he looked at Karoon.
'Something about him has changed.'
The Karoon he had always known was a man who radiated an energy wave so sharp and unyielding that it felt as though pricking him with a needle wouldn't draw a single drop of blood. But now, the energy emanating from him was far calmer than before.
‘But...His eyes are different. They're even sharper than before.’
Karoon's red eyes, the red eyes that resembled Glenn's more than anyone else's, had grown even sharper, settling into a deeper, more tranquil calm. Despite the composed energy emanating from him, his eyes alone resembled those of a predator standing at the very top of the food chain.
“It's still early. Have you already finished all of your work?”
Despite it being their first meeting in a long time, Karoon's first question was about work.
“You haven't changed at all, father.”
Burren smiled faintly as he looked into Karoon's steadfast eyes.
“Today was a day off, so don't worry.”
He waved a hand lightly to reassure him.
“Then where have you been on your day off? And who were you talking about when you said it wasn't too late?”
Karoon tilted his head, genuinely curious.
“Ah, Raon hadn't woken up for an entire month, but he finally came to just a little while ago.”
Burren lowered his brows slightly as he explained that Raon had been asleep for a month.
“Raon?”
Karoon's eyes widened as though the news had caught him completely off guard.
“Yes. Apparently, he was training inside his mental world. He could've at least told us before disappearing like that.”
Burren chuckled, adding that he had been worried because Raon wouldn't wake up for so long.
“I see. Then now isn't the right time.”
Listening to Burren, Karoon frowned slightly.
“Huh? What's not the right time?”
Burren blinked at his father's expression.
“A spar.”
Karoon let out a quiet sigh.
“I was planning to ask Raon for a spar, but it seems I'll have to wait a little longer.”
He shook his head, saying that after sleeping for an entire month, Raon would need time to recover.
“A-a spar?”
Burren swallowed hard.
“Why...?”
Even for Karoon, the gap in strength between him and Raon had already grown enormous. Even if he had completed secluded training, it shouldn't have been enough to narrow that gap by much. Burren couldn't understand why Karoon suddenly wanted to challenge Raon.
“Why? A swordsman needs no reason to issue a challenge. A swordsman is someone who must spend his entire life challenging himself. And...”
Karoon grasped the sword at his waist, slowly closing and opening his eyes.
“I never fight battles I have no chance of winning.”
A razor-sharp smile spread across his face, as though he truly believed he could defeat Raon.
“A single sword honed to perfection can cut down any monster.”
* * *
Whoooooosh!
The clearing at the entrance of North Grave mountain had been reduced to ruins, while enormous boulders and torrents of sand poured down from above as though a landslide had been triggered.
This place had always remained intact because Glenn protected it with his aura, but now even he had apparently lacked the spare attention to do so. The surrounding area had been completely devastated.
“Haaah…”
As though he had poured out everything he had, Raon planted Heavenly Drive and Wooden Ring Sword, both now devoid of flame and fros, into the ground and exhaled in ragged, blood-heavy breaths.
'I can't believe I could feel this good.'
Swinging his sword had always brought him joy, but never before had it filled his heart the way it did now. Part of it was because he had executed every sword technique exactly as he had envisioned, and part of it was the certainty that he had stepped into an entirely new realm.
“Hoo.”
Glenn let out a weary breath and slowly straightened the back that had stiffened during the fight. It clearly hadn't been an easy spar for him either. His clothes were torn to rags, and even his meticulously groomed hair had become disheveled.
“I never imagined the fight would truly continue until you had unleashed every sword technique you'd mastered.”
He let out a dry laugh as he looked up at the sky, where an entire day had already passed.
“At least in terms of stamina, you've already surpassed me.”
Glenn tapped his aching lower back with the back of his sore hand, saying there was no keeping up with the stamina of the young.
“Thank you for indulging me.”
Forcing his trembling legs to support him, Raon bowed to Glenn.
“I said I'd spar with you. It was only natural that I would.”
Glenn firmly waved away the thanks, saying there was no need for such formalities.
“And I enjoyed it as well.”
A gentle smile spread across his face as he admitted he had thoroughly enjoyed their spar.
“I could already tell you'd grown stronger the moment you woke up, but I never imagined you would have improved to this extent.”
Glenn narrowed his eyes, clearly impressed that Raon's growth had far exceeded his expectations.
“In the past, you copied other people's martial arts, but you were merely wearing their outer shell. That might fool weaker opponents, but it would never work against true masters. Now, however, things are different.”
He frowned, seemingly unable to believe what he had witnessed.
“You've made every one of those hollow imitations entirely your own. The fact that sword technique learned only through observation now possesses both form and will is simply unbelievable. No one could object if those techniques were now called your own.”
Glenn nodded, fully acknowledging that Raon had succeeded in making others' sword technique his own.
“On top of that, the evolution of your own sword techniques are astonishing. I can understand it becoming more powerful, faster, and more profound in principle, but the fact that every trace of unnecessary movement has disappeared is extraordinary.”
He let out an incredulous laugh.
“As sword technique grows stronger, unnecessary movements and openings inevitably appear. Eliminating them is the lifelong pursuit of every swordsman. Yet your sword barely has any of them left. It feels as though you've skipped an entire stage... no, several stages all at once.”
Glenn tilted his head, as though even after witnessing it himself, he still found it impossible to believe.
“It makes me want to enter your mental world and learn how you did it.”
He nodded his chin, implying that he too wished to experience such growth.
“Uh…”
Raon blinked at Glenn's overwhelming praise.
“Th-Thank you.”
He had expected Glenn to acknowledge him to some extent, but never imagined he would praise him so highly. The compliments left him genuinely flustered.
“I told you that I would become your guidepost.”
Glenn nodded as he sheathed Heavenly Tremor at his waist.
“So let me speak honestly. You've already climbed past the halfway point of the mountain. If you ascend just a little farther…”
He curled the corners of his mouth into a long smile, as though he had no choice but to acknowledge it now.
“You will surpass me. No... you will become the true Sword God, one beyond the reach of anyone who has ever lived.”
Advance Chapters
That advice will become poison if you get fixated on it
ReplyDelete