The Reincarnated Assassin is a Genius Swordsman 1352

 Chapter 1352

 

“Right away?”

Raon's eyes widened.

“You mean you can read the heaven’s flow right now?”

The Thespian Emperor had once broken down mentally from relying on her ability to read the heaven’s flow, so he thought she would need persuasion. He did not expect her to offer to read it right away like this.

“It’s true that I was broken because of the heaven’s flow. But...”

Ariel, the Thespian Emperor, gently curved her red lips into a smile.

“The one who helped me stand back up was you, wasn't it? Sword Immortal Raon Zieghart.”

A faint smile touched her lips as she said that, thanks to Raon bringing her back to her senses, she could now properly read the heaven’s flow.

“However…”

The Thespian Emperor narrowed her eyes into thin slits.

“I never expected the Sword Immortal who told me that the future set in stone for me wasn't what truly mattered would be the one asking me to read the heaven’s flow.”

Her eyes drew a faint arc. Seeing her smile that made it impossible to tell whether she was joking or sincere, it felt like the confident Thespian Emperor of the past had returned.

“I never said that a predetermined future wasn't important. I...”

Unaffected by her dagger-like remark, Raon calmly shook his head.

“I meant that the future can always be changed, so don't become consumed by it. Focus on the present instead.”

He lowered his hand, repeating the very same advice he had once given her, that the present mattered more than the future.

“You were right. Focusing on the present rather than the future truly is the correct path.”

The Thespian Emperor gave a gentle nod, showing that she agreed with Raon's words.

Hooo!

Wrath let out an exclamation as he watched her composed demeanor.

That woman has also clearly changed from before! The King of Essence does not understand why everyone becomes normal after crossing paths with you.

He smacked his lips, amazed by the extent of her transformation.

You're the only one who keeps becoming crazier!

Wrath shook his head, grumbling that everyone else's madness seemed to be clinging to Raon instead.

“So…”

She gently stroked the sun and moon engraved on the book's cover.

“What is it that the Sword Immortal wishes to know?”

The Thespian Emperor opened the book, inviting him to ask whatever he desired.

“As I told you before, this book is called the Sacred Tome of Sun and Moon. It's a very special artifact that reveals the future destined for me.”

She turned several bloodstained pages before stopping.

“My time came to a halt after this torn page, the one where I saw your heaven’s flow. But then you came and helped me stand again.”

She let out a gentle smile, as if recalling the time Raon made her realize the truth.

“This is the first time I've opened this book since then, so my heart is pounding.”

She nodded, saying that after attaining enlightenment, she had never once read the heaven’s flow again.

“I don't know how this will turn out.”

Despite saying she didn't know how it would turn out, the Thespian Emperor wore a smile full of confidence.

"As I said a moment ago..."

“You said you wanted to know how the coming war would unfold, didn't you?”

Just as Raon was about to speak again, she interrupted him and opened a blank page.

“Unfortunately, the heaven’s flow can't be read that way. The question has to be much more specific before it can give an answer.”

The Thespian Emperor leaned her face toward Raon.

“Tell me the one thing you truly want to know.”

Her excited breath brushed lightly across his lips.

“Hmm…”

Staring at the pristine white page of the Sacred Tome of Sun and Moon, Raon lightly bit his lip.

‘The one thing I truly want to know.’

To be honest, the question he wanted to ask the Thespian Emperor had already been decided. He had only disguised it as a question about the course of the continental war because he feared that merely speaking that name aloud would bring about something ominous.

“I can tell just by looking at your eyes.”

Meeting his gaze, the Thespian Emperor formed a faint smile.

“What you want to know is…”

“I'll say it.”

This time, Raon interrupted her instead and slowly steadied his breathing.

“Derus Robert. I want to know whether he's still alive.”

At this point in time, the greatest threat to him, no, to the Five Kings, wasn't the living Heavenly Demon, but the dead Derus Robert. If that man suddenly reappeared, every situation would be thrown into chaos. Raon wanted to confirm it before the war began.

“As expected, it was about Derus Robert.”

The Thespian Emperor gave a quiet nod, as though her prediction had been correct.

“I expected as much, but it's still a little surprising. After all, you're the one who personally ended Derus's life.”

She lowered her brows as though asking whether he had failed to finish him off completely.

“No. I definitely killed him back then.”

Raon firmly shook his head.

“I cut both Derus Robert's head and his soul with my sword.”

He closed his eyes for a moment as he recalled the moment he had cut down Derus Robert, then opened them again.

"However, Derus Robert wields the energy of death and is a bastard who always defies expectations, so I wanted to make absolutely certain."

“That much is true.”

Brigit, the Queen of Swords, folded her arms and deeply furrowed her brow.

“He didn't even smell human.”

She waved her hand dismissively, saying she didn't even want to go anywhere near Derus Robert.

“Understood. Then I'll begin right away.”

She bit into the tip of her finger with her white teeth. Blood, so red it was almost horrifying, dripped onto the book, staining its pristine white pages a vivid crimson.

Wooooooong!

As she closed her eyes, the surrounding air churned, and both sky and earth resonated with a thunderous hum. It looked as though she had opened her upper energy center and was communing with the heavens.

Ohhh!

Wrath's eyes widened as he watched the Thespian Emperor.

So it wasn't a lie that she could read the heaven’s flow!

He smacked his lips, saying he could genuinely feel that she was reading the heaven’s flow.

Whoooooosh!

The Thespian Emperor's blood writhed across the page as though it were alive before slowly flowing out of the Sacred Tome of Sun and Moon. Strangely, the page was not wet in the slightest despite being stained with blood. It seemed it only appeared to be getting wet in the beginning. 

“This…”

Raon narrowed his eyes slightly as he looked at the blood dripping beneath the desk.

“The result is in.”

Looking noticeably exhausted, the Thespian Emperor lifted the Sacred Tome of Sun and Moon toward him.

“The result?”

Raon's eyes widened as he looked at the completely blank page.

“This is what happens when the Sacred Tome of Sun and Moon is unable to produce any result. In other words…”

She gently ran her fingers over the page the blood had briefly touched before continuing.

“Neither Derus Robert nor his soul exists in this world. You truly did kill him.”

She nodded, saying it was clear that Derus Robert was dead.

“Ah…”

Raon slowly unclenched the fist he had been holding tightly with his right hand.

‘I see…’

Derus Robert had loomed so large in his life that even after killing him, Raon had never truly relaxed. But hearing the Thespian Emperor's words lifted the weight that had been pressing on his chest. He wouldn't completely let down his guard, but he finally felt he could set his mind at ease to some extent.

“One more thing…”

The Thespian Emperor deeply furrowed her brow and tore open her fingertip once again.

“I'll also look into this war.”

Even though her face had turned deathly pale, she poured her blood onto the Sacred Tome of Sun and Moon without the slightest hesitation.

“The war?”

The Queen of Swords frowned.

“You just said you couldn't determine something like the course of the war.”

She shook her head as though asking what the Thespian Emperor was talking about.

“Yes I can't, but…”

Watching the trembling blood, the Thespian Emperor smacked her lips.

“I can still see the outcome of the battle that matters most.”

She bit her trembling lip as she said she was looking into the war's most important battle.

Wooooooong!

The blood that had seeped into the Sacred Tome of Sun and Moon began to surge like waves. Only a few drops had fallen, yet the once-pure white page became completely covered in crimson blood.

Whoooooosh!

The blood on the left gathered together, taking the shape of a dark crimson dragon, while the blood on the right formed into a towering mountain of swords.

Rumbleee!

The dark crimson dragon shot upward like a bolt of lightning, trying to climb the mountain, but the mountain refused to allow it to reach the summit.

“The dragon failed to reach the endlessly towering mountain in the end. Its wings broke, and it plummeted back down, dissolving into blood once more.”

“Phew... A dark crimson dragon and a mountain made of swords. I don't think I need to explain what they represent.”

The Thespian Emperor parted her pale lips.

“The dark crimson dragon is the Heavenly Demon of Eden, and the crimson mountain is the Destructive King of the North, Glenn Zieghart?”

Raon let out a rough breath as he looked at the images depicted in the Sacred Tome of Sun and Moon.

“...That's right.”

The Thespian Emperor blinked her heavy eyelids and swallowed dryly.

“It seems that even the Demonic Dragon that ascended to the heavens cannot climb the frigid Mountain of Swords in the north.”

She curled her trembling lips into a smile, asking whether this was enough.

“It's more than enough. Thank you.”

Raon bowed respectfully toward the Thespian Emperor. Just looking at her, he could tell how much mental strength she had exhausted, and his body naturally bent in gratitude.

“O-Oh, it's nothing.”

The Thespian Emperor struggled to her feet.

“Compared to what we've received from you, this is truly nothing.”

She shook her head heavily, saying she still had not repaid the debt she owed Raon.

“However…”

Just as Raon was looking at the Thespian Emperor's pale face—

“Enough with staring at that book. It's boring...”

The Queen of Swords waved her hand, telling them to call it even since they were both grateful to each other.

“It's been a while, so spar with us. Both of us have been waiting for you.”

She grabbed Raon's shoulder, telling him not to leave just yet.

“I don't mind sparring. However…”

Raon shook his head as he looked at the deathly pale Thespian Emperor.

“I don't think sparring with the Thespian Emperor would be a good idea right now.”

“No, not her.”

The Queen of Swords grinned and pointed 

“There are two of us here.”

*   *   *

“Both Lady Brigit and Lady Briana…”

Raon sheathed Heavenly Drive and smiled faintly.

“You've both changed considerably. Every time you wield your swords, I can clearly feel your sword will.”

The Thespian Emperor wasn't the only one who had changed. The Briana and Brigit sisters had evidently devoted themselves to training every day, and the realm of their swordsmanship had improved dramatically.

“We found a way to spar with each other. It's not perfect yet, though.”

Brigit, the Queen of Swords, brushed the dust from her clothes as she curled her lips into a smile.

“And yet, even after all that training, we couldn't even touch your clothes. Your might truly lives up to the title of Sword Immortal.”

She let out a dry laugh, saying she had never expected not only herself, but even Briana, the genius among geniuses, to be completely overwhelmed.

“We're standing in different places now.”

Raon shook his head, saying it was only natural since they were at different realms.

“How arrogant! Even your personality has changed now?”

The Queen of Swords curled her lips into a grin, saying she liked the current Raon even more.

“It isn't arrogance. His personality has simply grown into the position he now stands in.”

The Thespian Emperor, who had been watching the spar, shook her head.

“That is the place where Sir Raon truly belongs.”

She smiled softly, saying that Raon's current personality suited him as naturally as a perfectly tailored outfit.

“Now that the spar is over, I'll be on my way.”

Raon smiled faintly, saying they would meet again in Cameloon on the day of the war.

“So soon?”

The Queen of Swords wrinkled her nose in disappointment.

“We only fought ten times.”

She smacked her lips as though she wanted to continue sparring with Raon.

“Ten times is already quite a lot.”

The Thespian Emperor sighed, telling the Queen of Swords not to act like a child.

“As the master of the Light Wind Palace, I'm sure you have many preparations to make once you return to Zieghart.”

She waved her hand, telling her to let Raon go.

“I do have many things to prepare, but I don't plan on returning to Zieghart just yet.”

Standing atop Martial Blade Mountain, where the Martial Blade Pavilion stood, Raon gazed south with a faint smile.

“I still have something I need to do.”

 


Advance Chapters

Comments