The Reincarnated Assassin is a Genius Swordsman 1351
Chapter 1351
“Someone who can foresee how a war will unfold before it has even begun...”
Glenn slowly nodded as he stroked his neatly trimmed beard.
“Can you tell me who that person is?”
He narrowed his eyes, signaling for Raon to reveal the person's name.
“She's someone who can read the flow of the world. However, that rare gift and ability only clouded her judgment, preventing her from walking the right path...”
Raon smiled faintly as he looked at Glenn.
“I think she's found her footing again.”
He smiled faintly as he recalled the woman who had come to Zieghart alone.
“Hmm!”
A quiet exclamation escaped Glenn's lips as he finally realized who Raon was talking about.
“Certainly, she might have changed by now.”
He nodded, saying that now seemed like the best possible time to seek her out.
“Hmmm?”
Sheryl tilted her head.
“Who is it?”
She blinked blankly, showing that she still had no idea who Raon was talking about.
“Huhuhuhu.”
In contrast, Roenn let out a hearty laugh the moment he heard Raon's hint, already knowing exactly who he meant.
“You know?”
Sheryl hurried over to Roenn and leaned in, offering him her ear.
“Ah, I know too.”
Aris gave a light clap.
"It's the one whose title was always mentioned alongside mine."
She smacked her lips, looking as though this would be interesting.
“Why am I the only one who doesn't know?!”
Sheryl frowned in frustration.
“Sir Roenn! Tell me who it is too!”
She beckoned impatiently, urging him to speak.
“Huhuhuhu!”
Roenn merely laughed again instead of answering.
“Oh, come on! You're going to drive someone to death with curiosity...!”
Just as Sheryl could no longer contain her frustration and was about to ram her head into Roenn—
“Thespian Emperor.”
Raon finally revealed the identity of the person he had been referring to.
"The Thespian Emperor possesses the ability to read the heaven’s flow. She came to Zieghart alone because what she saw assured her that she wouldn't die."
As he explained the Thespian Emperor's ability, he recalled the time she had previously come to Zieghart.
“After that, the Thespian Emperor continued reading the heaven’s flow to deal with various situations. But because she became overly dependent on it, she eventually reached the point where she couldn't even act unless she was able to read the heaven’s flow.”
Raon slowly opened his eyes, recalling how hollow the Thespian Emperor’s gaze had become compared to when he first met her.
Huh...?
Wrath tilted his head as though something seemed off.
She ended up broken because of you...
'I was just doing what I had to do to survive.'
Pushing aside the frowning Wrath, Raon looked back at Glenn.
"Some time ago, I went back to see the Thespian Emperor and helped her get back on her feet. She and the Queen of Swords also expressed their intention to fight alongside the Five Kings in the coming war. I think it's time I went to see them."
He thought it would be best to visit the two of them to see how much the Thespian Emperor and the Queen of Swords had changed, and whether the former could once again read the heaven’s flow.
“I see.”
Glenn nodded, understanding Raon's intention.
“Are you planning to leave immediately?”
“Yes. We don't have the luxury of hesitating, so I plan to leave immediately.”
“Very well. Go. However....”
He gazed steadily at Raon before slowly rising from the throne.
“Today, I'd like you to spare some time for me.”
* * *
Raon stood facing Glenn in the head of house’s training ground.
“In the short time since you returned from the Viking Island...”
After looking Raon over from head to toe, Glenn narrowed his eyes.
“It feels as though something about you has changed again.”
He stroked his chin, saying he couldn't describe it precisely, but something about Raon had clearly changed.
“Yes.”
Raon nodded calmly.
“I think I've begun to understand the path I need to walk.”
“You mean... the path of the Sword God?”
Glenn's eyes widened as he asked whether Raon had begun to grasp the path of the Sword God that he had spoken of before.
“The path of the Sword God....”
Letting out a deep breath, Raon recalled the first head of house's sword he had seen beneath the waterfall.
‘That was a sword capable of splitting the world.’
The first head of house had tried to end the fight against the undying anima with his sword. A sword that could change the laws of this world. It seemed that one had to reach at least that level to be a Sword God.
“Yes. I intend to walk the path of the Sword God.”
Raon tightened his grip as he realized that the first head of house's sword and the path of the Sword God Glenn had spoken of both led to the same destination.
“I see.”
A broad smile spread across Glenn's face, clearly pleased that Raon had resolved to walk the path of the Sword God.
“You can do it.”
He gave a firm nod, saying that Raon would accomplish what he himself never had and become the true Sword God.
“The reason you were able to cut down the Heavenly Demon while he was possessing another body was because your resolve had changed.”
Glenn narrowed his eyes, saying that otherwise, no matter that the Heavenly Demon had only been possessing a body, Raon would never have been able to cut him down.
“Thank you.”
Feeling his heart tremble at Glenn's heartfelt praise, Raon bowed.
“Your sword has changed as well. The sword will that once existed only in your strikes has become one with your sword and your soul, burning more intensely than ever.”
As befitted a warrior who had reached the utmost reaches of the Absolute realm, Glenn recognized the change in Raon's sword at a glance.
“One sword.”
Drawing Heavenly Tremor first, he stepped forward with his right foot.
“With a single swing of your sword, show me the sword you seek.”
He beckoned with his hand, saying this would be their final lesson before the war.
“My thoughts haven't fully come together yet.”
Raon shook his head, saying he still could not fully define the sword he sought.
“That is precisely why I want to see it.”
A faint smile touched Glenn's lips, as though to say it did not matter.
“Finish putting your thoughts in order through me, then unleash your completed sword upon your enemy.”
He waved his hand, telling Raon that the completed sword was meant for his enemies, not for him.
“In that case....”
Raon showed neither the humility of before nor any arrogance. As naturally as if he had done it his entire life, he drew Heavenly Drive and leveled it at the opponent before him.
“Here I come.”
Holding the deep breath he had drawn in, Holding the deep breath he had drawn in, Raon stepped forward with his left foot. Pushing off the ground with feet so keen they sensed even the smallest grains of dirt beneath them, he charged straight at Glenn. Heavenly Drive in his grasp grew red-hot, as though it were about to burst into flames.
Wooooooooong!
The violently vibrating blade of Heavenly Drive curved with graceful fluidity, taking on a wondrous trajectory that split both heaven and earth at once. It was the final sword of the first head of house that Raon had witnessed beneath the waterfall on the Viking Island. A fragment of the sword that split the world unfolded once more across the span of a thousand years.
Fwaaaaaaaah!
Watching Raon charge toward him, Glenn's lips curled into a smile. A golden sword strike. The golden radiance spoken of in the legends of the first head of house wrapped itself around his grandson's sword and body. It was sacred, beautiful, and carried an overwhelming sense of gravity and dignity.
“It truly is different.”
Glenn gave a solemn nod as he realized Raon's sword possessed the potential to transcend the very concept of martial arts.
“My role here...”
He exhaled a cold breath and raised Heavenly Tremor.
“...is to break your wings so that greater ones can grow.”
His role was to break Raon's current wings so that he could soar higher and farther than ever before, allowing greater wings to grow in their place.
KWAAAAAAAAAANG!
The moment Raon's sword collided with Glenn's, red lightning and golden flames intertwined, sending two colossal trails soaring upward as though they would split heaven and earth apart.
Whoooooosh.
Every grain of sand covering the training ground was blasted into the air and scattered throughout Zieghart. Beneath it, the floor of white abyss stone, the hardest stone on the continent, was revealed. Across the layered stone remained two immense sword scars that would never be mended.
The lightning-shaped scar split the earth from end to end, but the blazing scar failed to cleave the white abyss stone completely, its searing force fading halfway through. It was, without question, Raon's complete defeat.
“......”
Black blood trickled from between Raon's tightly clenched lips.
"Thank you for the lesson."
He parted his lips very slowly, as though even speaking demanded all the strength he had left.
“Good.”
Seeing that the light in Raon's eyes had not faded, Glenn curled the corners of his mouth upward.
“It was a fine sword. Next time, fly higher and farther. When that day comes...”
Looking up at the vast northern sky, he slowly clenched his fist.
“There will be no one above you.”
Glenn nodded with complete conviction that Raon would one day stand at the very pinnacle.
That's not happening!
Wrath shook his head violently.
The King of Essence will absolutely never lose to this guy!
Grinding his teeth, he declared that no matter how high Raon soared, he would always remain beneath him.
“Once the war is over, let's share a drink together.”
As though the Raon standing before him had already convinced him of victory in the coming war, Glenn promised they would share a drink.
“There is something I must tell you.”
A gentle smile spread across his face as he said there was something he absolutely had to tell Raon.
“I'd like that.”
Looking into Glenn's warm eyes, Raon smiled softly.
“There's something I absolutely want to tell you as well, head of house.”
“Good. I'll look forward to that day.”
Glenn waved his hand as if telling him to go now and left the training ground.
Huh?
Wrath stared at Raon with his mouth hanging open.
Your heart was pounding like it was about to leap out of your chest just now! What were you trying to say?
He blinked as though surprised there was something even he didn't know.
'It's something you need to hear too.'
The King of Essence too?
'Yeah.'
Raon tightened his trembling hand and lightly bit his lip.
'I've always wanted to tell you... and grandfather.'
What is it?! Tell the King of Essence now! He’s dying to know!
Wrath wrinkled his nose, demanding that Raon tell him immediately.
'Sorry, but I can't.'
Raon shook his head firmly.
'Only after the war is over, when I've reached the point where I can cast off who I am...'
He lowered his chin as he thought of his past life, then his present one.
'...will I have the courage to tell you.'
* * *
“You are the same as ever.”
Ariel, the Thespian Emperor, let out a dry laugh as she looked at Raon, who stood politely before her desk.
“To ask me to read the heaven’s flow as soon as we meet, you have far too little courtesy as an ally.”
Even as she called him lacking in courtesy, she did not erase the hint of a smile lingering on her lips.
"There are other things I want to talk about, but..."
Raon calmly lowered his gaze before raising it again.
"That's the most important reason. There are very few people who can read the heaven’s flow as well as you."
There were only a handful of people in the world capable of reading the heaven’s flow, and the Thespian Emperor was exceptional even among them. Because she possessed the ability to interpret the will of the heavens itself, almost no one understood the flow of the world as clearly as she did.
"Hah. I just received a compliment, yet I don't feel particularly happy about it."
The Thespian Emperor let out a short sigh.
“What are you talking about? It's not every day you get praised by the Sword Immortal.”
The Queen of Swords, Brigit, narrowed her eyes, clearly wishing she were the one receiving Raon's praise.
“The Sword Immortal....”
The Thespian Emperor let out a quiet exclamation as she looked at Raon.
“You've accomplished an unbelievable number of impossible feats. Honestly, even that title doesn't do you justice.”
She shook her head, saying that even after hearing all the news about Raon, she still found it hard to believe.
"Since the Sword Immortal himself has asked me to read the heaven’s flow, I suppose I should begin with that."
The Thespian Emperor took a small book from beside her thigh.
"Truth be told, I'm not particularly fond of long-winded conversation either."
The cover of the book bore the images of the sun and the moon, shimmering in different colors depending on the angle from which it was viewed.
"Let's begin right away."
Advance Chapters
Comments
Post a Comment