The Reincarnated Assassin is a Genius Swordsman 1333

 Chapter 1333

 

“Sword... God?”

Raon's eyes widened at the utterly unexpected words Sword God.

“What do you mean by that all of a sudden? The title of Sword God...”

As far as he knew, only two people bore that title, Darkan, the Dark Night Sword God, and Glenn Zieghart, who stood before him now. He couldn't understand why Glenn had suddenly used that title in reference to him.

“I am no Sword God.”

Glenn looked at Heavenly Tremor in his hand and smiled faintly.

“I may be fairly skilled with a sword, but such an extravagant title doesn't suit me. The only title that truly belongs to me is the Destructive King of the North.”

Despite being the greatest swordsman on the continent, he lowered his hand, showing humility.

“You're being far too modest. If someone of your skill with the sword is only 'fairly skilled,' then there can hardly be any real swordsmen left in this world.”

Raon shook his head firmly, saying Glenn was being far too humble.

Hah! That geezer!

Wrath frowned in disbelief.

For someone whose equal could barely be found across all dimensions to spout such nonsense…

Grinding his teeth, he muttered that he was beginning to understand where Raon's habit of false modesty had come from.

“Hmm, perhaps I did go a little too far.”

Glenn let out a quiet chuckle, admitting he had misspoken.

“But I wasn't lying. I truly am not someone worthy of being called the Sword God.”

He slowly lowered and raised his eyes again, as though he had no intention of taking back those words.

“I am merely a strong sword. I can do nothing but press ever forward, faster and stronger.”

Glenn raised the Heavenly Tremor upright and slightly lowered his chin.

“Even now, after gaining countless insights into the sword, martial arts, and people, that truth hasn't changed. I was born strong from the very beginning and have walked only the path of domination. That is not something I can change. But...”

His calm gaze shifted toward Raon.

“You are different.”

Glenn nodded with warm eyes, looking at Raon with absolute trust.

“Raon. You were born the weakest, and now you are climbing toward the highest peak. You didn't sprout in the warmth of a sheltered home. You ventured into barren, unforgiving land and made flowers bloom from parched soil. Having witnessed countless rivers of blood and countless deaths, you cultivated that ground through your own efforts. Because of that, you understand both true strength and true weakness.”

A gentle smile spread across his face, as though that alone was why Raon could become the true Sword God.

What nonsense!

Wrath snorted in disbelief.

What does he mean, born weak? Only his body was weak! His will was among the fiercest the King of Essence has ever seen in a human, and the caliber of his soul was equally extraordinary!

He shook his head vigorously, as though Glenn didn't know Raon at all.

And after stuffing himself full of the King of Essence's powers, he's become a fat little pig. A true Sword God? What a load of nonsense!

Unable to contain his anger, Wrath whipped his tail around wildly.

“The true Sword God...”

Ignoring Wrath's outburst, Raon swallowed hard.

“What exactly does it mean to be the true Sword God?”

Even after hearing Glenn's explanation, he still couldn't grasp what the title truly meant. His thoughts remained clouded, as though shrouded in thick fog.

“That's merely the expression I came up with.”

Glenn smiled faintly and waved a hand.

“During my secluded training, I spent a great deal of time contemplating the ideal of a swordsman that I strive for. One who has honed both body and mind until they are as sharp as a blade. To split the heavens and the earth, to cut an enemy's soul, that is merely the work of a swordsman. But one who can even shatter an enemy's aspirations and dreams... that is what I believe a being called the Sword God truly is.”

As he explained his own vision of the Sword God, one eyebrow lowered slightly.

“As a swordsman, I have perfected both my body and my mind. I can split the heavens and the earth, and even cut down an enemy's soul. But I cannot break another person's dreams or convictions. I can overwhelm them with strength, but that is not the same as breaking them.”

Glenn shook his head, saying that severing an enemy's will was a realm forever beyond his reach.

“That would be impossible for me as well—”

“No, you can.”

A gentle smile spread across his face, as if he believed in Raon without the slightest doubt.

“You have experienced far more than I ever have, rising from the weakest to the ranks of the strong. Because of that, you possess both the strength and the conviction to embrace every person in this world. That will become the fertile soil from which the Sword God is born.”

“To embrace...”

Raon stroked his chin as he repeated the word that had left Glenn's lips.

‘Can I really do that?’

After hearing Glenn say he could become the true Sword God, he had wondered what made him special.

The Ring of Fire, the Ten Thousand Flames Cultivation, Glacier, countless traits, a body and mind that had transcended human limits, even the authorities of the Demon Kings. He had expected one of those to be the answer.

Instead, the answer Glenn gave was something else entirely.

“You asked earlier what the true Sword God is.”

With a serene smile, Glenn raised Heavenly Drive Tremor and pointed it toward the darkening sky.

“I'll answer you in a single sentence. The one who can change another person's life with this single sword is the true God of the Sword.”

He nodded, as though Raon was the one who could one day become that very Sword God.

“To change another person's life... that's the true Sword God...”

Raon frowned, contemplating a meaning of the Sword God he had never once imagined.

“You won't understand it yet. Just as your might has reached heights beyond your comprehension, your mind must feel lost in an impenetrable fog.”

Glenn nodded, as though he understood exactly how Raon felt.

“All you need to do is keep walking the path you're on now. At the end of that road lies the future I hope for... and the future you seek as well.”

He stepped forward, patted Raon's shoulder, and smiled as though reassuring him he was doing well.

“Hmm...”

Meeting Glenn's gentle gaze, Raon lowered his head slightly.

“I understand. I'll continue to devote myself to the path you've shown me, grandfather.”

Though countless questions still lingered in his mind, the moment he met Glenn's eyes, the only words that came to him were that he would keep walking the path Glenn had laid before him.

“To be honest, I'd almost like to hand you the position of head of house this very moment. With your might and character, I think you'd lead Zieghart far better than I do now.”

Glenn smacked his lips, sounding as though he truly wanted to entrust Zieghart to him.

“No, that's...”

“I know. Now isn't the time. I'll bear all the malice that the war against Eden will bring, and afterward, my final duty will be to hand house Zieghart, cleansed of it, over to you... or Karoon.”

He waved his hand as though he had only said it in passing.

“Grandfather...”

Raon looked at Glenn, his chin trembling. The moment Glenn spoke of taking all the malice upon himself, it felt as though his figure had become faint, as if he might disappear at any moment.

“Oh, one more thing. Even though you've grown stronger, don't let your guard down.”

The corners of Glenn's lips curved upward as he looked toward the head of house’s training ground. Narrowing his eyes, he seemed to have sensed that Karoon had emerged from his secluded training.

“The current Karoon may possess a single sword capable of reaching you.”

*   *   *

“Huff! Huff!”

The Sword Sovereign Sieran drove her sword into the hard stone of the training ground as she gasped for breath. Apparently gravely wounded, she clutched the bleeding wound at her waist with a trembling hand.

“I was wondering why you suddenly asked for a spar...”

Sieran twisted her lips as she looked at the wound staining her hand crimson.

“So you'd been hiding a weapon like this? Impressive. Truly impressive.”

She narrowed her eyes at Karoon Zieghart standing before her.

“...My sword went farther than intended.”

Karoon steadied his breathing and lowered the sword still stained with Sieran's blood.

“My apologies for inflicting such a serious wound during a spar.”

He bowed his head apologetically to the Sword Sovereign.

“To hell with your apology! This isn't even a serious injury!”

Sieran slapped her own wound with her palm as though telling him not to worry. Blood burst from her waist and streamed onto the ground.

“Sieran!”

The War King rushed over with a shout and pressed his hand against her wound to stop the bleeding.

“Why would you make the wound even worse?!”

His brow furrowed as he spoke in a tone completely unlike his usual self.

“Oh, it's been a while since I've seen that face.”

Sieran smiled faintly as she looked at the War King's distorted expression.

“You've been wearing the same expression all the time lately. It was getting boring. I like this one.”

She smiled, saying she was glad to see a different side of him.

“...Ha.”

Too exhausted even to argue, the War King merely sighed and focused on stopping her bleeding.

“Well, I may have sounded like I was joking, but I meant it. It's nothing unusual for swordsmen at our realm to wound each other during a spar. So don't worry about it. And…”

Sieran frowned slightly as she looked at Karoon standing there calmly.

“I also know you held back.”

She lowered her chin, saying she knew the wound had ended up no worse than this only because Karoon had restrained his strength.

“Hmm...”

The War King gave a small nod, having seen the same thing. He sent Karoon a subtle glance of gratitude for holding back.

“Wow! The first head of Zieghart’s training ground really must be something! To grow this much in such a short time. Makes me want to train there too! You must be glad you were born into Zieghart!”

Sieran stamped her foot, saying she wanted to train there as well.

“I was indeed blessed when it comes to my environment. I have nothing to say even if you put it that way.”

Karoon calmly nodded, openly acknowledging that he had grown stronger because he had been given a rare opportunity.

“Huh...?”

Sieran blinked at Karoon's unexpected response.

“As expected, you're exceptional. Honestly, when I heard you were a successor candidate alongside Sir Raon, I couldn't understand why. Now I do. You truly have the strength worthy of Zieghart's direct line!”

She gave Karoon a thumbs-up, acknowledging him. With blood still pouring from her waist, the gesture looked rather grotesque.

“That sword that struck me here.”

Sieran curled her lips into a smile as she pointed at her wound.

“You created that technique specifically to deal with Sir Raon, didn't you? I feel like this might actually work against that monster. Of course, just that one single move.”

She licked her lips, saying it looked like things were about to get interesting.

“Don't you think?”

Sieran raised an elbow and asked for the War King's opinion.

“It was certainly unlike anything you've shown before. Even I don't think I'd be able to dodge it or block it.”

The War King lowered his gaze, saying that if Karoon had used that against him, he would likely have been hit as well.

“When you spar with Sir Raon, make sure to invite us! I definitely want to watch.”

Sieran rubbed her hands together, eager to witness Karoon's spar with Raon.

“Then come to the head of house's training ground one week from now.”

Karoon answered without turning around.

“That is when I will spar with the Light Wind Palace master.”

“Next week?”

Sieran’s eyes widened.

“Isn't that too soon? If you refined it a little more...”

“No. This is the best time.”

Karoon slowly shook his head. Biting his lip slightly, he spoke as though the opportunity existed only now.

“If any more time passes...”

“I'll never be able to defeat that monster.”

 


Advance Chapters

Comments