The Reincarnated Assassin is a Genius Swordsman 1303

 Chapter 1303

 

'Just as I thought...'

Raon calmly nodded as he watched the archangel Sariel's severed head fall from his neck.

Sariel's pride was immense. After the King of Winten, whom he had personally sent, was stopped by a mere human, I had expected the archangel to come in person.

But Sariel was also as cautious as a rat. If I had revealed overwhelming power or exposed Wrath's authority from the very beginning, the bastard would have fled without hesitation.

'That's why...'

I created a new version of myself through the Heart Sword.

The Heart Sword followed a path entirely different from ordinary martial arts. It was more than a sword that cut an opponent's soul, it could also become a shield and armor that protected one's own soul.

'Though this time, it wasn't a shield. It was more like changing clothes.'

To lure Sariel into revealing himself, I had made it appear as though my soul was trembling in fear. Ordinarily, such a thing would have been impossible, but after gaining fine control over the Heart Sword, I had reached the point where he could even fabricate the emotions of my own soul, emotions that should have been impossible to hide.

Th-That's impossible....

Wrath's eyes widened in disbelief.

A sword that can deceive the soul?

His jaw trembled with shock, as it had never even occurred to him that the Heart Sword could be used like this

'I didn't expect it either.'

Raon nodded as he lowered Heavenly Drive, its blade still unstained by a single drop of blood.

‘I think the Heart Sword evolved while I was listening to people's concerns.’

All I had done was listen to the concerns of those who came seeking the Sage and relieve the burdens weighing on their minds. Yet before I knew it, my proficiency of the Heart Sword had risen, and the level of my soul had grown as well.

The increase had far exceeded my expectations, to the point that even I found it astonishing.

 

'And it developed in ways I never anticipated.'

What do you mean by that?

Wrath frowned.

'The Heart Sword gained new abilities.'

I had assumed that if the Heart Sword continued to grow, it would eventually attain overwhelming destructive power like grandfather’s.

Instead, it had evolved differently. Not only had its power increased, but it had also granted me the ability to perceive the hearts of others and conceal my own emotions through precise control of the Heart Sword.

'That's how I lured Sariel closer.'

To prevent Sariel from fleeing, I had pretended to be intimidated by the dignity and presence of the royals and nobles Sariel brought with him. I had even deliberately allowed the people to remain under Sariel's influence despite knowing exactly what was happening.

I waited quietly, allowing the prideful Sariel to look down on me and mock me.

Then, the moment the he let his guard down—

I linked together the souls of everyone who stood on my side.

It was a sword formation forged from human souls.

The moment I activated the Heart Sword formation that elevated the level of the soul, the people who had fallen under Sariel's influence returned to their senses and in turn, unleashed tremendous pressure upon the royals and nobles.

I did not miss the instant Sariel froze in shock and his reaction slowed.

My sword flashed.

And I cut both the archangel's neck and soul in a single strike.

"Ugh..."

"W-Why am I here?"

"What happened...?"

"W-Why are there so many people?"

The royals and nobles who had been under archangel Sariel's control clutched their heads and groaned, as if all memories of what had happened had vanished.

'Their minds have returned as well.'

With Sariel's death, it seemed the royals and nobles whose souls had been in his grasp had finally regained their freedom.

However, they had not fully recovered yet. They would need treatment and rest before they could truly return to normal.

'Still, more than anything...'

Raon opened his eyes after briefly closing them as he looked at Sariel's body collapsing with his head separated from his torso.

'That was easier than expected.'

Sariel couldn't have become an archangel through manipulation alone. Raon had expected him to possess some other extraordinary power as well.

Yet here he was, lying dead on the ground without even managing a proper scream.

Easier than expected?

Wrath snorted and shook his head.

Have you already forgotten what the King of Essence told you about Sariel?

He tapped his temple with a finger, telling Raon to think carefully.

'About Sariel?'

Raon narrowed his eyes.

'What do you mean?'

He reviewed everything he knew.

Knowing Sariel was prideful, Raon had provoked him, knowing he was cautious, Raon had lured him in by playing weak until the bitter end.

He had overlooked nothing.

That was why he could not understand what Wrath was referring to.

Not that.

Wrath clicked his tongue.

Have you forgotten the words the King of Essence used to describe Sariel?

'The words...'

Raon swallowed dryly as he looked back at Sariel's corpse.

'The Archangel of Death and Dominion...?'

The moment those words surfaced in his mind—

KWWAAAAAAANG!

A magnificent golden radiance erupted from Sariel's corpse, so brilliant it was difficult to keep his eyes open.

Sssssssss!

Amid sacred white smoke, Sariel, the same Sariel who had been cut apart by Raon's sword, slowly rose to his feet, his eight wings fully unfurled behind him, wings he hadn't had the chance to spread before, while a crimson light blazed in his eyes.

"So you're the one."

Archangel Sariel nodded as though everything finally made sense.

“The newborn insect who somehow earned the highest danger rating.”

The white teeth he bared suggested that he already knew of Raon's existence through Derus Robert.

“How did you come back to life?”

Raon's eyes narrowed.

'I definitely killed him.'

With his evolved Heart Sword, he had unquestionably cut both Sariel's body and soul.

He had felt death.

True death.

Yet somehow, the archangel had returned.

"Who knows?"

Sariel twisted his lips into a mocking smile.

"Figure it out yourself!"

He raised his chin arrogantly, clearly having no intention of explaining.

Boooom!

The moment Sariel revealed his true might, a colossal shockwave exploded outward.

People began collapsing one after another like dominoes.

"Hngh..."

"Urgh!"

Meanwhile, the royals, nobles, and warriors who had been under his control shuffled toward Sariel like zombies, their eyes vacant as though his brainwashing had tightened its grip.

That bastard doesn't stay dead even when you kill him.

Wrath let out a cold laugh as he looked at Sariel.

So hand your body over to the King of Essence! He’ll seal him within the eternal glacier so he can never come back!

As expected, Wrath still seemed to harbor old grudges toward Sariel.

'I don't need to.'

Raon calmly shook his head and raised Heavenly Drive once more.

“If he won't die...”

His eyes sharpened.

“Then I'll keep killing him until he does.”

Muttering those words, he unleashed Frost Pond toward Sariel.

Fwoooosh!

Blades of extreme swiftness infused with freezing cold surged in from every direction, targeting every part of Sariel's body.

Kyaaaang!

True to his status as an archangel, Sariel instantly read the flow of Frost Pond and deflected the icy blades with divine power.

"What a cockroach-like sword!"

He sneered as if the technique itself disgusted him and brought down a golden whip blazing with divine power.

KWWAAAAAAANG!

A colossal crater, so vast that its end could not be seen, appeared where the whip struck the earth.

“I'll add you to my collection. At least you're smart enough to know shit from piss.”

His whip split into dozens of branches and crashed down from every direction, as if trying to seize Raon's soul itself.

"Aah!"

"Aaaaah!"

"S-Save us!"

The people watched the enormous whip descend from above, like a bolt of heavenly lightning, and abandoned all hope of escape, collapsing where they stood.

Fwoooosh!

Just as Sariel's whips were about to smash countless heads like watermelons, golden flames erupted into the sky.

Kraaaang!

Raon swung Heavenly Drive, cloaked in the flames of Ten Thousand Flames Cultivation, and blocked every single whip despite their overwhelming number.

“No thanks.”

Raon drew Wooden Ring Sword as well.

Planting both blades into the earth torn apart by the whips, he revealed the greatly elevated level of his soul.

Sword Field Creation.

Divine and Demonic Harmony.

Behind Raon rose a sun and moon brighter and more magnificent than those of any archangel.

CHIIIIIIIIING!

Holding the Divine Sword and Demonic Sword in his hands, both shining more brilliantly than the archangel himself, Raon stepped forward.

“I'm not the kind of man who's fun to watch.”

He said there was nothing entertaining about watching him before swinging both swords.

Shhhraaak!

One blade carried flames.

The other carried frost.

Together they tore through space itself and shredded archangel Sariel's wings.

"Kuhk!"

Sariel vomited blood and plummeted toward the ground, seemingly unable to perceive the space slash at all.

"Y-You bastard... huh?"

Just as he gritted his teeth and tried to regain his balance in midair—

Swoooosh!

Raon, who had clearly been standing on the ground moments ago, was suddenly right in front of him.

"Still, don't worry."

Raon shook his head as he raised the Divine Sword overhead.

“I have no intention of watching you either.”

His voice was colder than ice.

Then he brought the sword down.

Booom!

The Divine Sword, wreathed in blazing flames, cleaved cleanly through Sariel's body.

"Aaaaaaaargh!"

Terrifying flames erupted, setting both Sariel's body and soul ablaze.

"How undignified."

Raon let out a mocking laugh and raised the Demonic Sword.

"Just like the insects."

Using the same word Sariel had repeatedly hurled at humanity, he swung the sword.

Kraaaaang!

Archangel Sariel froze solid together with the golden flames surrounding him—

And shattered into dozens of pieces.

Hah! No matter how weak Sariel's might may be, the King of Essence never expected it to be this bad.

Wrath let out a small gasp as he watched Raon completely overwhelm the archangel.

You've really become strong!

He blinked several times, admitting that while he knew Raon had grown stronger, he never expected him to handle an archangel so effortlessly.

'Thanks to you.'

Raon smiled and nodded.

Hmph! Easy for you to say

Wrath snorted as though unwilling to take Raon's words at face value.

Don't let your guard down. That bastard may come back again.

He shook his head, warning that the battle might not be over yet.

'I know.'

Raon calmly nodded.

At that moment—

Fwoooom!

A massive pillar of light erupted into the sky, and Sariel, who had been shattered into dozens of pieces, returned to his original form.

"Ughhhh!"

Though resurrected, he apparently couldn't erase the pain of death itself. He glared at Raon and stomped his foot violently.

BOOOOOM!

The shockwave from his heavy step spread outward, knocking down all the people who had barely managed to stand and flee.

"Go on, then! Keep trying!"

Sariel's eyes flashed as his crimson lips curled upward.

"Unlike an insect like you, I can never die!"

He exuded a chilling coldness as he declared that Raon would be the one to die first.

“Now I understand.”

Raon quietly nodded while gazing at the archangel's glowing red eyes.

"I finally understand how you're coming back to life."

"W-What...?"

Sariel's jaw trembled. For the first time, genuine panic flickered across his face at Raon's calm declaration.

"Don't lie!"

He ground his teeth, unable to believe it.

"Whether I'm lying or not, you'll see soon enough. Assuming..."

Holding up the Divine Sword and Demonic Sword, shimmering with red and blue haze, Raon let a crimson gleam flash across his eyes.

"...you're still alive by then."


 

 

 


Advance Chapters

Comments