The Reincarnated Assassin is a Genius Swordsman 1324

 Chapter 1324

 

“Tran… Transcendence?”

Balder’s eyes widened, looking as if he had just heard the word Transcendence for the first time in his life.

“You’re saying I can become a Transcender if I master this? Me...?”

His lips trembled as he stared at the booklet Raon was holding out, unable to believe what he had heard with his own ears.

“Didn't I tell you before, when you kept pressing me for a sword technique manual?”

Raon nodded as he lightly waved the booklet up and down.

“That I would create a sword technique capable of leading you to Transcendence.”

As promised back then, he had created a sword technique that could allow someone to reach Transcendence. Saying so, he extended the booklet, its ink still not fully dry, toward Balder.

“Umm....”

Balder couldn't bring himself to take the booklet and could only stare at it with trembling eyes.

“I-I honestly thought you were just bluffing.”

He swallowed hard, looking more bewildered than anything else.

“Besides! What kind of idiot would believe in a martial arts manual that can turn someone into a Transcender?”

Balder stomped his foot heavily.

“I've challenged the wall of Transcendence countless times and failed every single time. And now you're telling me I can reach Transcendence through a single sword technique manual? That's ridiculous!”

He frowned deeply, insisting that only an idiot would believe such a thing outright.

“Hm? I'd believe it even if Raon said he created this continent, though?”

Evelyn snorted, as if wondering why he couldn't even believe that much.

Ugh, she's actually serious….

Wrath shuddered after seeing the look in Evelyn's eyes.

“I thought the True Martial Palace master was an idiot.”

Raon stared at Balder with a deadpan expression.

“Honestly, considering everything you've said and done up until now, it would have been strange not to.”

He let out a quiet chuckle as memories of Balder's past behavior surfaced.

“Grrrgh....”

Left speechless, Balder could only let out a low groan.

“Still....”

Raon shrugged as he looked at Balder's scrunched-up face.

“I could clearly tell that you've acknowledged your past mistakes and have been trying to become a better person.”

Balder had apologized for his previous wrongdoings, always looked out for Raon, and readily agreed to even his most difficult requests. Alongside Aris, he was one of the few people who truly treated him like family.

“I know what shame is, too.”

Balder lowered his gaze as though acknowledging and regretting his past.

“That's why I created this sword technique for you.”

Raon pushed the manual closer to Balder.

“The only condition for granting my favors was a sword technique manual. I could have thrown something together and called it a day, but I thought your becoming stronger would benefit the family, so I put everything I had into it.”

A faint smile appeared on his lips as he explained that Balder's change was what had made him want to create an exceptional sword technique for him.

“You....”

Balder lightly bit his lip, unable to properly meet Raon's smile.

“You've truly become strong.”

A hollow laugh escaped him, as if he was acknowledging not Raon's might, but Raon himself.

“Of course, simply reading this martial arts manual won't let you reach Transcendence.”

Raon shook his head and pulled the manual slightly back as Balder reached for it.

“You'll have to train with everything you've got. Only then will you be able to break through that thick wall.”

His eyes narrowed sharply like drawn blades as he spoke, emphasizing that Balder would need to devote himself completely, just as he had when he risked his life learning the sword in his youth.

“If you're confident you can do that, then take it.”

Raon extended the manual once more, leaving the choice entirely to Balder.

“......”

Balder still couldn't bring himself to take it, chewing relentlessly on his lower lip.

“What is the name of this sword technique?”

His brows lowered as though that was what he wanted to hear first.

“The name....”

Raon looked at the still-blank cover of the booklet before lifting his ink-flowing pen once more.

Swish!

Without a moment's hesitation, he set his pen to the cover of the booklet and wrote the name of the sword technique in vigorous, soaring strokes.

The name formed by the characters, which looked like a dragon twisting as it rose to the heavens, was <Sword of the Ascending Carp>.

A sword of a supple imugi ascending to the heavens.

It was a sword technique created solely for Balder.

Sword of the Ascending Carp....”

Balder's jaw trembled as he looked at the name Raon had written. Merely seeing it seemed enough for him to realize that this technique belonged to him and no one else.

“Take it.”

Raon pushed the Sword of the Ascending Carp toward Balder's chest, asking why he was still hesitating when he had already made up his mind.

“Kuhahahahahaha!”

Balder burst into loud laughter as he looked at the Sword of the Ascending Carp manual in front of him.

“That's right! I am an idiot! There was never any reason to hesitate in the first place!”

As if affirming his own words, he reached out and immediately grabbed the Sword of the Ascending Carp.

“I'll show you that this idiot made the right choice!”

Balder confidently opened the book and immediately began reading its contents.

“I'll be looking forward to it.”

Raon nodded calmly, saying that he believed in him.

That....

Wrath narrowed his nose slightly as he looked at the Sword of the Ascending Carp in Balder's hands.

Can he really reach Transcendence if he masters that?

His lips smacked together as if he was genuinely curious.

‘Most warriors can't. To them, it would just be a standard high-tier martial art. However….’

Raon chuckled as he looked at Balder, who was already completely absorbed in the manual.

‘That man can. Because it's a sword technique created specifically for Balder Zieghart.’

The Sword of the Ascending Carp had been created after thoroughly analyzing Balder's sword style, physique, and personality. Such a feat would have been impossible before, but after the level of his soul rose dramatically, it became possible.

Crazy....

Wrath's mouth fell open in disbelief.

T-Then if you put your mind to it, does that mean you can elevate anyone to transcendence?

His jaw trembled as he muttered that Raon might become a maker of Transcenders.

‘No.’

Raon shook his head firmly.

‘This is only possible because Balder has spent years relentlessly battering against the wall of Transcendence.’

Saying that it would only work for someone who had challenged that wall as tirelessly as Balder had, he looked at the man who had just called himself an idiot.

“I understand now!”

Balder let out a long snort as if he had grasped everything.

“Huh? You've already finished reading it?”

Raon widened his eyes in surprise.

“It shouldn't be easy to understand....”

“No! I realized that I can't understand it! The formulas are especially impossible! Explain them to me!”

Balder laughed heartily, admitting that the Sword of the Ascending Carp was far beyond him.

“......”

Raon squeezed his eyes shut as he looked at Balder, who was shamelessly asking him to interpret the sword technique manual.

“He really is an idiot....”

*   *   *

“Haah!”

Raon let out a deep sigh as he walked down the road.

‘To think I'd have to write annotations and personally demonstrate for a Grandmaster… and one trying to break the wall of Transcendence at that….’

Balder's ability to interpret martial arts was so poor that it was hard to understand how he had ever become a Grandmaster. He was even more beast-like than Raon had expected.

Even the King of Essence never imagined an idiot like that could exist.

Wrath let out a hollow laugh.

The truly terrifying part is that none of it was an act!

He frowned, muttering that a soul meant to be born as a beast had somehow ended up in a human body.

‘Still, it's a relief that he seemed to understand by the end.’

After adding annotations to the manual and personally demonstrating its forms, Balder had finally begun to understand it. There probably wouldn't be any major problems with him learning the sword technique from now on.

You'd make an excellent animal trainer.

Wrath shook his head repeatedly, saying that merely watching Raon explain things to Balder had been exhausting.

‘Maybe.’

Raon chuckled and nodded.

But where are you going now?

Wrath narrowed his eyes, curious about Raon's destination.

After spending two days with that idiot, even the King of Essence is exhausted. Why not just stay home and rest?

He let out a deep sigh, saying that those two days of teaching Balder had been utterly draining.

‘Really?’

Raon turned to Wrath with widened eyes.

‘You're really okay with going back?’

That's what he’s saying. Even the King of Essence’s head hurts because of that idi—huh?!

He widened his eyes as he looked at the place Raon was pointing toward.

T-That couldn't be....

Wrath's jaw trembled as though he hadn't dared hope for it.

Bead ice cream?

He swallowed dryly while staring at the bead ice cream shop right in front of them.

‘Yeah. I promised, didn't I?’

Raon nodded, saying that he had come to keep his promise to buy Wrath something delicious.

‘Of course, if you'd rather go back, then I can always....’

Just as he was about to turn around and leave—

A-Absolutely not!

Wrath freaked out and grabbed his shoulders.

The King of Essence misspoke! He’s not tired at all, so let's go in right now!

He nodded vigorously, insisting that he would be fine even if he had to stay awake for several days straight.

‘You'd be fine staying awake for a whole week?’

Of course!

‘Then you could take a look at my swordsmanship too?’

That sounds a little troublesome, but... fine! He'll do it!

‘Really?’

Raon smacked his lips lightly as he looked at Wrath.

He told you he would! Now hurry up and let's go!

Wrath rubbed his hands together, insisting that he meant every word.

‘Alright. I'll remember those words.’

With a sinister smile on his lips, Raon stepped into the bead ice cream shop.

Ummm....

Wrath drooled as he stared at the rows of bead ice cream on display.

They've added even more flavors since we were last here! Then the King of Essence should choose a mix of the new flavors and the best-sellers. Starting with mint chocolate....

“One of everything, please.”

As though he hadn't heard a word Wrath said, Raon asked for one of every flavor.

Huh? A-Are you serious?

Wrath inhaled sharply in shock.

‘Yeah. You've worked hard, so I should let you eat plenty.’

Saying he meant it, Raon bought every variety of bead ice cream and walked back outside.

Kuhuhuhuhu!

Wrath grinned as he looked at the box of bead ice cream with cold white vapor rising from it.

Bead ice cream after so long! And every flavor at that! You've finally come to your senses!

He was so delighted that he couldn't stop flicking his tongue out.

‘If you want more, I can buy as much as you like.’

Saying he could always buy more, Raon immediately popped a mint chocolate one into his mouth.

Kyaaaaaah!

The moment the mint chocolate entered his mouth, Wrath let out a deep cry of satisfaction.

As expected of mint chocolate! Sweet, refreshing, and clean all at once! Nothing else compares!

He was so pleased that he couldn't stop smiling.

‘Then next....’

As Raon returned to the annex building with Wrath, Raon finished every last bead of ice cream he had bought.

Burp!

After trying every flavor, Wrath patted his stomach and even let out a burp, looking completely satisfied.

‘Satisfied?’

Indeed! No matter how much the King of Essence eats bead ice cream, he never grows tired of it!

Nodding his wobbling, fat-filled chin, he declared it a truly happy moment.

‘Then I guess it's time to stay up all night.’

Raon smiled as he burned the empty ice cream box.

Eh...?

Wrath blinked as if he had no idea what Raon was talking about.

‘You said you'd be fine staying awake for several nights. You promised.’

Grinning, Raon grabbed Wrath's chubby hand.

W-wait a minute! Don't tell me you….

‘I challenge you to a spar.’

Feeling the immense soul within Wrath, Raon drew forth his Heart Sword.

‘Wrath, Demon King of Wrath.’ 


Advance Chapters

Comments

  1. Demon King of Eating vs Demon King of Training

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment